Uses Made of the Information
Information held about you may be used in the following ways:
- Information you provide via the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website. This information may be used:
- for internal record keeping and administration
- to provide you with the information and services you request via the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website (including without limitation news items, information and updates about the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt);
- to be shared with Abdul Latif Jameel businesses;
- to provide you with information about goods or services which may interest you;
- to provide you with information about goods, products and services similar to those you may have already expressed an interest in or enquired about;
- to perform and analyse the results of customer surveys and feedback about Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt, including being combined with information gathered from other survey participants;
- to allow you to be contacted by third parties who carry out customer surveys and feedback about Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt;
- to notify you about changes to the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website’s service;
- to address any enquires you may have raised via the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website; and/or
- to ensure content from the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to be shared with in-house or third party agents or legal representatives for debt recovery that is in accordance to Article 4.9 Finance Companies Consumer Protection Principles
- Information the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website may collect about you. This information may be used:
- to administer the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website, when you choose to do so;
- as part of efforts to keep the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of promotional and marketing activities, and to deliver relevant promotional and marketing activities to you; and/or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website about goods or services which may interest you or them.
- Information that Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt receives from other sources. This information and the combined information may be used for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information received). In particular, statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies (including clear gifs) may be collected to help monitor your response to Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt e-newsletters and to improve these e-newsletters.
Disclosure of Your Information
Your personal information will not be sold, distributed or leased to third parties to use for their own purposes unless you give your permission or there is a legal requirement to do so. However, you agree and consent that:
- Your personal information may be shared with any Abdul Latif Jameel business. In particular, if you submit an enquiry using the enquiry form available on the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website, your enquiry and any personal information you provide in it will be sent to the relevant Abdul Latif Jameel business(es) (based on the enquiry criteria you select). Your personal information may then be held by such an Abdul Latif Jameel business(es) as part of its enquiry / customer database.
- Your personal information may be shared with selected third parties including:
- Marketing services providers to deliver e-newsletter and updates.
- Market research businesses or similar organisations for the undertaking and analysis of customer surveys and feedback.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract.
- Analytics and search engine providers who assist in the improvement and optimisation of the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties:
- In the event any business of Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt sells or buys any business or assets, in which case your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If an Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where Your Personal Data is Stored
For How Long is Your Personal Information Kept?
The time period for which your information is kept varies according to what your information is used for. In some cases there are legal or regulatory requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement to keep the information, it will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed. At any time you can ask for your stored information to be deleted from the Company’s database using the contact details below. However, some of your information may be retained in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce terms and conditions or as required by regulators. Further, in some circumstances such information is never entirely removed from databases due to technical constraints and systems back-ups.
You have the right to ask for your personal data not to be processed for marketing purposes. You will be informed (before collecting your data) if your data is intended to be used for such purposes or to be disclosed to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the enquiry form used to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt at email@example.com.When you fill in a form on the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website (for example, the enquiry form), you must use any check boxes to indicate your preferences regarding use of your information and/or do not provide the relevant information. However, please note if you do not provide all or correct information requested, it may not possible to provide you with the relevant information and/or services.The Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website may contain links to and from the websites of other businesses of Abdul Latif Jameel, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note these websites have their own privacy policies and the Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt does not knowingly collect the information of, or make contact with, children, including to participate in customer research activities. If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information via the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Egypt Website. Users aged 18 or under without such consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.